The Finance Committee is a standing committee of the FRID Executive Board of Directors and is chaired by the Board Treasurer. The committee is responsible for reviewing and providing guidance for FRID’s financial matters. The committee assures internal controls, independent audit, and financial analysis for the organization. The Finance Committee reviews all financial statements and reports on financial activity to the full board. To help the board fulfill its oversight function, it is important for the Board Treasurer and the Finance Committee to present the information in as clear and concise a manner as possible.
- Provide direction for the entire Board for fiscal responsibility.
- Regularly review the organization's revenues and expenditures, balance sheet, investments and other matters related to its continued solvency.
- Ensure that organizational funds are spent appropriately.
- Ensure that preparation of annual tax forms and audited Financial Statements are appropriate.
- Approve the annual budget and submit it to the full Board for approval.
- Oversee the maintenance of organizational-wide assets, including
prudent management of organizational investments.
- Be a member of good standing of FRID
- Ability to understand financial statements
- Experience in creating budgets
- Knowledge of financial policy and procedures for non-profits.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other committee members.
- Excellent communication skills
- Time to dedicate to this volunteer opportunity (approximately 1-2 hours per month)
- Commitment to take on an occasional finance related special project.
- Commitment to attend regular meetings.
- Must be comfortable in a team environment.
Number of members: Chair plus 2
Chair: Terri Bugler
Click here to submit an application (member login required)